Camera View Problem

Hey Blender Artists, I am currently making a plane game, and already, I have a problem with the camera. I have placed a slow parenting, with the amount of 20, but unfortunately though, when I turned the plane upside down, only the scenery is flipped upside down, and not the plane. I know that if I don’t slow parent, this wouldn’t happen, but it loses that slow parenting effect. How would I only flip the plane upside down, and not the scenery, while not losing the slow parenting effect. I am open to any ideas. :slight_smile:

What’s probably happening is that the camera is rotating with the plane making it look like the scenery is flipping. If so you’ve got to unparent, then parent your camera to any vertex of the plane. I’m not sure without doing a test what happens if your plane is made from a number of child objects It might be that you should select an object that contains within it the centre of the plane, but any vertex of that object will do to become the parent of the camera. It’s called vertex parenting and you can google it or search for it in this forum.

[QUOTE]What’s probably happening is that the camera is rotating with the plane making it look like the scenery is flipping. If so you’ve got to unparent, then parent your camera to any vertex of the plane. I’m not sure without doing a test what happens if your plane is made from a number of child objects It might be that you should select an object that contains within it the centre of the plane, but any vertex of that object will do to become the parent of the camera. It’s called vertex parenting and you can google it or search for it in this forum.

I tried a vertex parenting with the camera, and, well, at least the scenery wasn’t upside down. The problem is, the camera is letting the aircraft turn 360 degrees, making it harder to tell were it is turning, and flying toward. I have uploaded a file of it, which has the vertex parenting. I hope you artists can find the answer. By the way. the collision box is the actor, while the aircraft is the ghost.

Attachments

CAMERA ERROR.blend (170 KB)

I had a look at the file. It might have been that did something wrong and then accidentally fixed it. Try regular parenting again with and without slow parent. Also set Properties > Render to Extend so you can see more of what’s going on.