Campaign 2018: Join the New Development Fund

Mooooore maneeey! :sunglasses::rofl:

Jocking aside, seems like a good news. Corporate funding is what ensures stable Blender development and all this great improvements we’re getting.

There are only so much Blender users who donates to the fund. Corporate donations are what really counts as I see it.

1 Like

I wonder how long those corporate will stay

As far as i can see most of them stays.

So, almost 150 k € now and the corporate members went up from 25 to 27. i think one of them is Microsoft rejoining. Blender kit went from silver to gold. But who is the second new sponsor?

1 Like

Microsoft rejoined (they joined exacly year ago, so i guess they just had to reactivate subscription, or its fund website side issue)
and BlenderKit become CorporateGold (from Silver? but it is in both places)

5 Likes

Yeah, we are proud to be with BlenderKit between these guys. Our total revenue is magnitudes smaller, but since we give a much higher percentage than others, we are already corporate gold and growing :wink: I came up with the Idea of BlenderKit when the fund had an income of about 5000 Euro per month, and my target back then was to add another 5000 to it. The fund did grow like crazy since then, but we’ll get to our target eventually and it’ll be nice I think :wink:

p.s. there was actually a few days overlap of our subscriptions, it’s mainly because we send the money manually from our account every month and we sometimes don’t do it on the same date :wink:

2 Likes

Aye, Intel is now a Patron:

5 Likes

There is a new Patron called Egirl Capital. No Idea what that is. Some NFT business or something parhaps.

1 Like

Typical tactics of shady businesses trying to look more legit…

1 Like

I see NetEase, China’s second biggest gaming company, joined as a Patron. It was there from late last month.

1 Like

Hadn’t looked at the fund page in a while, and noticing a few new ones there on the top tiers. Damn, that Egirl Capital logo is nasty and looks out of place with the big name logos! I can understand why there was not much attention drawn to that particular patron, but hey, more money is always a good thing :slight_smile:

Having so much gamedev companies in fund means BF will putt effort in gamedev asset creation tools right?

…right?

Lol, yeah. Got to say though, it looks hilarious that it is there, especially when placed at the top. XD

2 Likes

3 Likes

Ohh, this is a blow. Looks like Epic MegaGrants money ($1.2m) is now depleted. Epic Games is no longer a Patron. Total amount of monthly contribution was almost $220K, now it’s $186K.

I wonder if they can re-apply for second grant?

1 Like

A cat guy called Aras is now a patron.

2 Likes

How cool! He’s an ex Unity dev and the admin of mastodon.gamedev.place, the most used Mastodon gamedev instance.

4 Likes

It appears that he is also an acitve Blender developer.
https://developer.blender.org/p/aras_p/

Thank you, fantastic Catman! :smiley:

2 Likes

I am really really interested if he’s actually paying BF 120 000€+ a year to be there, or if BF has put him there because he’s now working fulltime for them for free, and his skill level is worth at least 120k€ / year. :slight_smile:

Not saying one is better or worse than the other, just that the latter would make much more sense. They use the dev funds to pay developers anyway, so if a developer of such a skill level and experience works for them for free, he certainly deserves to be there.

1 Like

he isn’t just an ex-unity dev. he was there almost from the beginning and probably was their most important dev for years. when he quit he probably made a lot of money and now he does (open source) stuff for fun. sounds great to me. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure he’s actually paying it. The monthly contribution is increased by 10K USD.