Can Blender be used for action figure modeling?

Blender is very powerful tool, but you need to know how to use it, here you find good chanel with tutorials how to sculpt figures in action mode:
https://www.youtube.com/@speedcharlive/streams
and here 2nd chanell with full creation of character with deep details and explanation:

2 Likes

Hmm sorry i think you missed my point. Iā€™ll be back later with pics or maybe video iā€™ll show you which feature that still lacks in blender.

Maybe i didā€¦ because there are other paid apps which do some things betterā€¦ ( but some even can not survive on their own even if they are the industry standardā€¦) but it changes not the usability of blender for the OPā€™s questionā€¦ and i also think buying/renting Z-Brush especially for this to just try is a bit overkillā€¦

And i donā€™t believe someone need this pose tool to make an A-,T- or X- pose which even fits best for an an action figureā€¦

ā€¦and the OP is satiesfied with the answerā€¦ :person_shrugging:

Have you tried anothers softwares ? like 3d coat or mudbox ? if so what is your opnion about the best software for superhereos collectible ? apart Zbrush and Blender off course

Yes, Iā€™ve tried both 3DC and Mudbox. I havenā€™t enough experience with 3DC to say if itā€™s suitable for the high-end collectible work weā€™re talking about here. I have never pushed the limits of performance, but tool-wise it seems to have everything needed to do this sort of work.
Mudbox is more suited to displacement-based organic work. The features are quite limited for any sort of hard-surface beyond purely sculpted hard surface.

3 Likes