Can I control shift of hue and saturation on material level?

Here is what I want to achieve: image on the left is straight out of Blender. It’s a basic diffuse sphere with skin-like color, HDR lighting and emission plane. In the right image I made object’s shadows more saturated and lights less saturated in Photoshop. It looks thousand times better. Can I somehow control this on material level? I mean can I change how color of shadows and lights behave with material nodes? For GPU/Cycles.

I know I can do it in post-processing, but it’s messy and difficult, because it affects whole scene and all objects that way. I know I can separate object with render layers and then use post-processing methods, but it’s just batshit crazy… It works for static renders, but not for animation with a lot of camera shots and light changes.

Isn’t that more or less the same question than this?
Wouldn’t you have to be able to determine how much light is hitting the surface on a shader level (which you can’t, see above thread), to control this?

I guess not really, because subsurface scattering kind of does this (changes hue and saturation depending on lighting), but doesn’t allow to control it manually.

Ok, I solved the problem partially. I can use material index pass and then adjust hue and saturation in compositor on the same layer, without affecting anything else.