Can I extend texture in U and repeat in V?

Hello.

I am creating a model to be rendered with a number of different wallpapers. The problem is that for each piece of paper on the walls, a small offset is needed to make the pattern in the wallpaper to match.

I therefore model the walls as a number of planes that are as wide as the wallpapers are (53 cm) and as high as the wall is (3.5 m). I then texture each plane with a wallpaper image that is square (512x512 pixels).

The etxture repeats good in the V direction (up), which is exactly what I wanted (using OrCo:s and SizeY to 6.6) The problem becomes visible when I try to offset the texture of the second plane:

http://www.cimkey.se/misc/Blender/extend_repeat_problem.jpg .

As You can see, the textures also repeat in the U direction (sideways) and therefore (because of filtering) causes some of the texture on the left side of the texture to wrap around and also be visible on the right side.

I would therefoe like to use Extend in U direction and Repeat in the V direction, but that is not possible since You only set it once and it applies to both U and V.

What can I do? Am I missing something? Does anyone understand whatI amt trying to achieve ? :slight_smile: .

/Andreas

can’t you simply repeat both and do the extention in uv-mapping? so you’d just stretch the mapping?

oh and if this is something diffrent then…

I do not…

Yes, my current solution is to do it with UV-mapping and when mapping, I stretch the texture slightly (< 1%) so that I get rid of the wrapping artifact.

But this feels like a hack since I then remove a little part of the texture as well (along the edges). If there is a complex pattern, this may be visible.

So; when I am using Repeat, I get the result that I want in the V direction (up/down), but when I am using Extend I get the results that I want in the U direction (sideways).

What I REALLY would like is to set “Extend along U axis and Repeat along V axis”. Is this possible in Blender? Can I achieve the same effect in some other way?

Sorry for being confused.

/Andreas

if you map your uv from orthographic view (so you achieve to have the right relations between x and y), extend the hole face to match the xsize (u) of the image exactly (no stretching!), you achieve the same thing, don’t you? I can post a example blend later on.