Can I get some help with increasing modeling speed?

Hello,
Tldr - How do I get faster at modelling?
I’m fairly new to Blender and I’m currently trying to get faster at modeling. I’m going to be working on just my speed for the next month or so. I just did a beginning test to see where I’m at. I modelled a car in a little over two hours. I’ll include some screenshots I took during the process if that’s helpful for you giving me advice.
Do you have any tips on how I can increase my speed? It can be anything about workflow, planning and organizing, whatever you think would be helpful.

It seems that there is no other way to speed up modeling than to practice a lot. :sweat_smile:

Rather, I think it’s more important to learn about good topology and efficient topology composition.
Personally, I think this is a way to speed up. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

The more cars you model, the faster you will be at modeling them so just keep at it

1 Like

You need to study topology - not speed. Learn to localize the topology and learn to add edge loops around every area.

Quality not quantity. Fiverr is full of folk doing bad rush jobs.

1 Like

Hello Slotholtl, I highly suggest a course by CGMasters:

this helped me tremendously in everything to do with modeling a car. there are alot of techniques, tips and trick that make the entire project much easier to digest (such as starting with an outline, shrinkwraping to preserve reflectivity etc…)

cheers

1 Like