Can I make my own HDRI, and how?

I own a Canon 600D, and I want to make my own high-res HDRI maps.

How do I do it, and is it possible with my camera to get a decent quality?

You can definitely get decent HDRI maps with a 600D. For basic HDR you’ll just need your camera and a decent tripod. Then simply take pictures of your scene at a variety of different exposures in RAW mode. To get good, crisp shadows out of it I’ve seen it recommended that you take at least 12 exposures between your lowest and highest available settings. After they’re all taken, you’ll need something like Photoshop or HDRShop to combine your exposures into one high bit depth image, most likely in the .hdr or .exr formats. Then you’re done! If you want to do fancier things like spherical/latlong/angular maps you’ll need some additional tools, but at the most basic level even a chrome painted Christmas tree ornament can get the job done.

Sure you can, easy peezy. Just take pictures, measured around you (best to use a tripod) and then combine them… I would say most pros have a special tripod that helps with this, and that images taken are put through Adobe Bridge, which can merge them together into a near seamless HDRI. That said there is other software which can do this as well, its fully automated, granted, it takes a bit of practice to get it down just right… if your goal is IBL then perfection wont matter much.

Loads of good info here: http://www.hdrlabs.com/

To be clear, are you asking about high dynamic range images, or equirectangular (or other) environment maps to use for lighting and reflections in a scene?

I’m talking about making my own environment map, that are not JPG but has the ability to actually cast more or less light depending on my settings inside Blender/Cycles.

The highlighted:
I don’t even know how to do that…

I do have a (simple) tripod, but it is manually powered/no electronics. Will that work?

I will post some useful links from youtube later if u like…no access in my office

I recommend learning how to use the settings on your camera first then. Exposure is a pretty easy one to figure out. You don’t need a special tripod or anything, just one that will keep your camera from moving between shots.