Can I render textures on a curve object with geometry bevel?

How can I apply a texture to an object, that exists as a curve with a geometry bevel in cycles? I don’t want to convert to a mesh though, if that is the only way, I know how to do it.

At first I thought it should be quite simple since I assumes that “texture space” and “use UV for mapping” would actually work, but I only get the material colors, not the image texture. I know that this happens, when I forgot to UV unwrap something, but how to get my texture onto the curve object, without converting to a mesh and then unwrapping?

Thank you.

At first I thought it should be quite simple since I assumes that “texture space” and “use UV for mapping” would actually work, but I only get the material colors, not the image texture.
You won’t see the texture in the 3d view. What do you see when rendered ?

The render displays the texture, I found out while testing it with a different object. The problem is, that I can’t change the UV size. With my object it didn’t display properly because the generated UV map is much too small or big, I don’ really know, but when I use the same material and texture on a bigger curve geometry, it displays fine.

In the Texture Space panel under curve options there are settings for size, but they don’t affect anything when I change values.

Still I think cyles needs some improvement with displaying textures and different UV maps in the viewport.

I’ve been donating money already :wink: and I’ll stick with Blender, don’t worry.

I found the problem:

As soon as I use an array modifier on the curve object, the texture disappears. After playing around with the nodes I found, that generated mapping works, and only UV mapping gets messed up with the array modifier. See my screenshots.

Attachments