Can not bake three different UVmapped textures into one

Hi all, I try to bake three different textures with three UV maps and materials assigned to a mesh, into one final image, belonging to a fourth UV map and material. I begun with a textured a mesh (a whole bread) with UV map UVMap1, after I sliced it, filled the holes, textured the two new surfaces with two new images, and now I want bake a single image texture. I googled three days but I found nothing which works for me… I use Blender 2.79 64 bit in Windows. Can somebody hep me please? I attached the BLEND file with the textures, so you can see it.

Attachments

Bread.x.01.blend (1.44 MB)

The only way to bake to a single UV is to have them all occupy the one object at some point.
As individual objects, there is a high probability the UVs will overlap.
I recommend watching this:

Set it to “full render”. Here’s the result: Bread.x.02.blend (665 KB)

Is that what you were looking for?

Thanks guys for the fast reply. Unfortunately none of them help me… The video linked by colkai doesn`t offer a way to combine the two different textures into one. And the solution of dudecon is resulting the same problem as baking with texture mode: the two sides becomes uniform white. I have to slice the whole bread in 9 slices and I have to texture them all. The strange thing is that at the two ends, where there are only one section, the same method works. The slices where there are two sections, can not be textured this way, or I miss something. I attach a version with a slice from end of the bread, where you can see the result.

Attachments

Bread.x.03.blend (786 KB)

Ok, got it now. You’re using multiple materials with one texture each. Instead, use multiple textures, all on one material.

I can not make this way you suggested. The original UV maps from the separate images on the final UV map an final image overlaps when I add the second texture (with the first it works!) - or I don`t know how to do it correctly. I want to keep the texture of the bread exterior surface, because I want to put together the different slices I made. The only way to do this with the two newly added surfaces, is to bake them to a new texture. Maybe its not possible in Blender? But as I wrote in my previous post, it works with the ends, with one section…

Attachments

Bread.x.04.blend (1.51 MB)

Ahh, I only work in cycles, sorry, not the BI, so not sure of the baking process for that.

I have done a cycles version. I took the object with multiple textures, in Cycles these became individual materials. Then I copied the object, cleared out all materials & uv maps. Created a new single UV map with all geometry, no overlying polys. I then baked the multiple textures from the source object onto the second object with 1 texture / material / uvmap. The resulting baked diffuse colour map is packed in the blend file.
The object on layer 2 could easily be setup for a BI texture now as it is just a straight UVmapped image.

Attachments

Bread.x.04Cycles.blend (2.77 MB)

You can combine them using the texture methods. I’m not going to go digging around in your lack of naming conventions though. Name one texture “ends” and another one “crust” and make sure they both have a white background. Make both of their mix types “Darken” so that they overlap properly, and then bake as render result.
Maybe this is possible with multiple materials, but I know it works with one material using multiple textures, so that’s what I recommend.

Thanks colkai for your time, I can see that your method works. I have transformed with success the texture from your blend file into normal, internal Blender texture. Based on your description I tried to reproduce the result, but no luck… There is an error message when baking: “No valid selected objects” something probably is missing from your description and I am not a frequent Cycles user, so … :frowning:

Attachments

Bread.x.01.Cycles-Test.blend (1.61 MB)

I think that is because you don’t have both object layers visible. Select both object layers, then select the source object, then shift select the target object and ensure ‘selected to active’ is checked.

Attachments

Yes, that was the solution. Selecting both layers now works, and this way I recreated the texture not only with Cycles, but with Blender Rendering too. Thank you very much for your help!

No problems. :slight_smile: