can not compile Blender CVS snapshot on Linux :(

Hi, less than a month ago I insatlled Blender 2.37 on my Linux FC3 box using yum, installed OpenEXR-1.2.2-6.fc3 too.
After reading many postst about the quick development and the great improvements in latest blender versions I want to install the latest CVS snapshot. Downloaded bf-blender-2006-03-07.tgz.
Unfortunatelly make failed complaining about openal. Following the example in the /bf-blender/blender/Makefile I edited the same to disable openAl. Then make goes further, but stops in the openexr dir, saying there are missing files. Of couse I had to install the OpenEXR-devel-1.2.2-6.fc3, but that doesen’t solve the problem. Below is part of the make output, please help!

====> make all in source
****> Make all by peter@hst-1-98 at 23:13:21 09-Mar-2006 on linux-glibc2.3.6-i386
NAN_NO_OPENAL=true
====> make all in source/creator
====> make all in source/blender
====> make all in source/blender/blenloader
====> make all in source/blender/blenloader/intern
====> make all in source/blender/readblenfile
====> make all in source/blender/readblenfile/intern
====> make all in source/blender/readblenfile/stub
====> make all in source/blender/avi
====> make all in source/blender/avi/intern
====> make all in source/blender/imbuf
====> make all in source/blender/imbuf/intern
====> make all in source/blender/imbuf/intern/openexr
g++ -c -DUSE_SUMO_SOLID -pipe -fPIC -DNDEBUG -O2 -DMOZ_NOT_NET -I…/Physics/common -I…/Physics/Dummy -I/usr/include -I/usr/include -I/usr/include -I/usr/include -I…/…/include -I…/…/blenkernel -I…/…/blenlib -I…/…/avi -I…/…/quicktime -I/home/peter/install/bf-blender/blender/…/lib/linux-glibc2.3.6-i386/guardedalloc/include -I/home/peter/install/bf-blender/blender/…/lib/linux-glibc2.3.6-i386/memutil/include -I…/…/makesdna -I… -DWITH_FFMPEG -I/usr/include -I…/…/…/makesdna -I…/…/…/blenkernel -I…/…/…/blenlib -I…/…/…/imbuf -I…/…/…/imbuf/intern -I/home/peter/install/bf-blender/blender/…/lib/linux-glibc2.3.6-i386/guardedalloc/include -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/local/include/OpenEXR -I. openexr_api.cpp -o /home/peter/install/bf-blender/blender/obj/linux-glibc2.3.6-i386/blender/imbuf/openexr/openexr_api.o
In file included from openexr_api.cpp:68:
/usr/include/OpenEXR/ImathBox.h:65:22: ImathVec.h: No such file or directory
In file included from openexr_api.cpp:68:
/usr/include/OpenEXR/ImathBox.h:130: error: V2s' was not declared in this scope/usr/include/OpenEXR/ImathBox.h:130: error: template argument 1 is invalid /usr/include/OpenEXR/ImathBox.h:131: error:V2i’ was not declared in this scope/usr/include/OpenEXR/ImathBox.h:131: error: template argument 1 is invalid
:-?

Have you made a cvs checkout ?

Have you try to compile with the scons utility ?

No I did not, maybe tomorrow… (cvs)

I don’t know anything about scons :(, so I didn’t try it.

Just type scons instead of make.

I had problem with the make but none with the scons utility.

O.K., tryed it:

scons WITH_BF_OPENAL=no

[snip]

scons: *** [/home/peter/install/bf-blender/build/linux2/source/blender/python/BPY_interface.o] Error 1
scons: building terminated because of errors.

I will try blender 2.41 source now…

2.41 compiled fine (using: scons USE_OPENAL=0)
:slight_smile:
Great!
Thanks!!!