http://graphics.stanford.edu/~fedkiw/

woa!

All of that?

That’s kinda broad.

Martin

well yeah.

But just imagine it as the 2004 blender sneak peak features

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

yup, new features for the Blender release in 2004… with the first animations expected to finish rendering sometime in 2008!

v. impressive anims though!

Of course ODE can do that - you just parent a metaball to it! :stuck_out_tongue:

Seriously, someone should kidnap and drag him to Blendercon, where he can be tied to a computer and forced to code.

teach meeeee ^v^ :smiley:

ill help kidnap him :smiley:
someone should email him and ask him to help with blender.

The ODE that i’m working with can’t do all that, it can do rigid body collision, and forces for gravity and other directional, heck it can even do bouncing and friction but nothing more.

i’ll work on more things but other than that sorry.

Macblender

do that!!!

do that!!![/quote]

*has thumb up on highway, hiching a ride cross states *

i emailed him yesterday, no reply yet

you didd ?

you didd ?[/quote]

yep

levon, if you truely convert this guy into a blenderhead/dev …then you’re one of my biggest heroes!!! :smiley:

still no reply, ill wait till wednesday before i email him again.

some one else try emailing him, he didnt reply to me

I think I e-mailed him already a few years back. Not all of those guys do reply. I e-mailed most of those guys who published Siggraph papers. Roughly 1 out of 10 do reply back and about 1 out of 20 do show geniune interest in Blender. So don’t worry, the word is out. What holds them all back is the fact that they don’t have the time to get acquainted with the Blender codebase, but they rather assist with pointers and donating code.

Ron Fedkiw methods of simulation is very novel. He’s not out to simulate the process physicaly correct, but more in a believable way, more a top down kind of approach as opposed the usual bottom up approaches.

thanks toontje, to give life to the post, since I never notice it before :D, I think that ode can help doing some stuff by using joint to do an interior mesh of joints . . sounds fun to do , I will try to do a test with blendOde, it will be like doing softbodies from phyton jejejejeje

Un Saludo