Can somebody kindly identify this music ?

I have heard this since I was an early teenager, in ads and other videos. But unfortunately I have not been able to identify it. Tried Tunatic without result, and most other services are iphone-only…facepalm

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?31u3je5mh46jd5p

:frowning:

Sounds like a generic melody.

i’ll have to open that on the other computer

You might have accidentally thought that you´re on Twitter. But this is BA. A forum. :stuck_out_tongue:

You might have accidentally thought that you´re on Twitter. But this is BA. A forum. :stuck_out_tongue:

True. But I don’t see a problem in expressing the will to help. TWS may edit the post later. http://bafull.cgcookie.netdna-cdn.com/images/smilies/sago/smile.gif So many impatient people post a question and just go away and we never know if they tried to visit the thread again. It happens more often than you think, mainly when OP is a newcomer and probably posted the same question on more forums.

Sounds like Enya? She was played a bit in the 90’s.

Oh, I’m here and intend not to go anywhere, but I’m not sure what the discussion is about :eek:

@All
I’m here and intend not to go anywhere, but I’m not sure what the discussion is about :eek:

Thanks for the tip, but unfortunately I know Enya and I don’t think it’s her :frowning:

@admins, mods
How exactly do I delete a post (the one above) ?

It’s just generic new age. Not Enya.

WHAT??? I DON’T DO TWITTER:p! the file format isn’t supported on my primary computer so i have to open it on my secondary computer (a PC not a mac).

it sounds like generic music.

EDIT: it is generic music. usually ads and commercials use generic music as their music

That much was obvious. Sneg got a working one. You might want to get one too for future use :slight_smile:

Huh? What a twitter account or a sarcasm meter (that wasn’t sarcastic by the way)?

Well a twitter account of course (that was ironic) lol. this is getting out of hand :smiley:

What for out of curiosity?

Well I still believe this music must have a name, or at least an artist name. Since I have also heard this numerous times in streaming user videos it probably means it is a known piece of music, which is the reason I started this thread: I believe it can be identified and bought/downloaded.

Thanks for the replies, hopefully there will be more of them and someone can identify it or else E.T. won’t phone home and instead become an alcoholic :stuck_out_tongue:

u may click the report post button and and ask a mod to delete it for you.
let me do that for you this time :slight_smile:

for music file you posted i would say its hard to recognize coz its kinda effect i have heard in many anime serials and normal TV serials. :slight_smile:

http://www.shazam.com/

will this work?
haven’t tried, no time

shazam gave me 3 different matches, 7 no match found and none was right ^^

Certainly not Enya; it reminds me a lot of Vangelis’ pre-orchestral work (early 80s through 2000). It has a lot of his harmonic sensibilities, and certainly his use of emulators. Enya would probably have used plucked strings or a better piano sound for the melody there – I could see her using that type of pulsing bass pad though.

Unfortunately, I picked through his catalog and didn’t find a match, but if you were looking for this type of music for enjoyment (not for royalty free licensing), you might have a look at Oceanic (1996)… light, synthy background stuff without too much contrast.

If it is in a lot of ads and videos and stuff though, it will be in a royalty-free library somewhere, so there isn’t a huge likelihood of picking it up with a music matching service.