Can Someone give me a little advice please?

Can Someone give me a little advice please? (or maybe alot) haha

Since my 1st animation, i rigged model correctly? i think :confused: anyway any critisism would be really helpful, i just dont know what i should be practicing, i dont know what i’m good at, and what i’m bad at, i know i’m not great in blender but i want to be, and i need to know what i should practice.

Note: I posted this same thing on Nystic.com on the 26th of march and still nobody has offered any advice… i hope someone here can!! :o

Here are the links to my animations , Just scroll down and you’ll see!! http://forum.nystic.com/images/smilies/icon_rolleyes.gif

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=esloc03&aq=f

Honestly… I find it very tricky to give feedback about the animations yet. But I think you are aiming in the right direction. Just ponder a bit about timing. Sleep a night over it (or two).
About your rig? Well I don’t see mich “wrong” there. Tough I wonder why the arms are not “connected” in the same way the legs are.

Tl;dr: It’s cute. There is nothing terribly wrong IMHO. Just allow yourself a bit more practice :eyebrowlift:

Here is my edit to the arms, i also added a satellitte =D

Thank you so much for your advice!!! =D

I like it. :slight_smile: as kyomotion said, it is cute. Nice job blending in the textured plane with the sky, it fades out well at the horizon… Did you use mist?

Being ‘great’ at Blender is a hazy goal. Even with this simple goal in mind it usually involves more that knowing what all the button do. It takes an understanding of animation, and typically, some knowledge of art.

There are some excellent tutorials on animation. Some of them on 2D (hand drawn) are among the best. Take a little time to study those as well as learning Blender.

You might also want to decide if you prefer the art side of animation or the storytelling side. If it’s storytelling, you might use pre-made figures and rigs. You can try out one of the Animation Competition files found in the Competition forum here at BlenderArtists. Check out some of those videos too.

Hope this helps.

Bob G.

EDIT: Sorry, the Blender Animation Challenge stuff is not in the contest forum, it’s under General Forum->Blender and CG Discussions.

Yes i did use mist, took me a little while to get the hang of it though… fiddling around with all of the properties, but i think i got a good result.
Glad you like it!!

bobg: You might also want to decide if you prefer the art side of animation or the storytelling side. If it’s storytelling, you might use pre-made figures and rigs. You can try out one of the Animation Competition files found in the Competition forum here at BlenderArtists. Check out some of those videos too.
In animation i love the characters, i love bringing them to life and adding personallity to them in order to make people fall in love with them!!
but i also get a satisfaction about creating something myself, the feeling that i created this little creature that people love, makes all the time i put into it seem worth it…i will definetly have a peek at some of the pre-made rigs and figures though… they sound like fun, maybe i’ll find one i like.

Thanks everyone for yor advice!!

Here is the edits i’ve made (with regards to the arms) Also i added the Earth and satellitte.

What do you think? I created some actions, and here they are…

Could someone offer me some guidence as to what i should do to take this to the next step?

Thanks again! :rolleyes:

do a simple story line . do more test cycles . titles and dark screen not needed yet .

story line example . boy meets girl . kiss . explode .