Can someone please explain to me what the lines 'break' and 'continue' are?

I use a module script of my own, and it says in the console that the ‘break’ is out of loop/or ‘continue’ not in loop. What do these functions do exactly. I know somewhat about break - wouldn’t that stop the script from running? And isn’t continue the opposite?

And also, whats a ‘loop’?

I am just asking a question here.

Why did Blender 2.8 slice the code of the BGE out of the cake? That is why I use Blender, I love to play around with the BGE as a hobby. While there is UPBGE, it is extremely experimental on Macs, and the version of Blender (2.79) compiled for it just exits upon clicking.

To define break and continue, I will first define a loop. A loop is a structure that allows nested code to be executed multiple times. A “break” inside the loop will cause the loop to exit. A “continue” causes the program to go back to the top of the closest loop, without executing any code after the continue statement.

an example for this

number_list = [1,2,3,4,5]

for number in number_list:

if number == 1:
            print('continue', number, ' will not be printed so we stop using the code below, and we go to the next item in the list')
            continue

elif number == 4:
            print('break out of the loop, ', number, ' and higher are not printed')
            break    

print(number)