Can someone provide a Blender 2.7X or Higher update timetable??

I was about to ask on expected RC release dates for the next version of Blender.

I found the development thread on 2.8 and skimmed through it, but did not see an actual timeline.

As it appears things are going to change between 2.7x and 2.8, can anyone spell out an estimated timetable for the new version candidates to debut? I really don’t want to get into any new projects if UI is going to change or (I think I read this) Blender Render being phased out (??).

Thanks!

I was about to ask on expected RC release dates for the next version of Blender.
It’s out now http://download.blender.org/release/Blender2.78/

As it appears things are going to change between 2.7x and 2.8, can anyone spell out an estimated timetable for the new version candidates to debut? I really don’t want to get into any new projects if UI is going to change or (I think I read this) Blender Render being phased out (??).
2.8 is still a long way off. There will also be a version 2.79 before then. If you start a project with the existing blender there is nothing forcing you to update.

To my understanding, they are going to let break the compatibility, if there is any need to. That’s why the version updates from 2.7 to 2.8. I think version 3 will become after the 2.8 is really finished and stable and feature-full.

So, if somebody starts a project with 2.7x, it may be must to finish it too. I think 2.8 takes at least a year to become what is expected from it.