Can the Xbox360 be used as a render node???

Can it?

The xbox360 have 3 core 3,2Ghz CPU. Thats sweet if it only cost 400 bucks. Even if the memory is only 512 mb.

Maybe its to early to say.

You could try, however I’m not sure if it would be that effective, since consoles are geared towards realtime graphics and not rendering. However, linux has been installed succesfully on the “old” XBox, so it should be possible on the 360 as well. However, I’d be careful about it, since the XBox360 has already shown to be pretty unstable.

Hackers - Start your engines
http://360updates.qj.net/2005/11/linux-making-its-way-to-xbox360.html

I hope they break it so linux works in it.

You could try, however I’m not sure if it would be that effective, since consoles are geared towards realtime graphics and not rendering.

yeah but 3 core cpu. Thats still 3 core cpu.

I hope they break it so linux works in it.
[/quote]

I’m sure that, ironically, Windows will never be able to work on an XBox360. AFAIK, they didn’t manage with the old one either. :stuck_out_tongue:

As I have said in another thread,this seems to be taking the way of the Dreamcast(great system with better games than PS2 ever wished).
The Dreamcast was rushed, so it had a lot of holes. I have a Dreamcast that I downloaded games for(homebrew and PC ports) like Quake(you have to have the wad file), Linux, a serial disc so you can make homebrew games on your pc and just hook up a serial cable to the Dreacmast and play it using that, and several games. It looks like the XBOX360 is being rushed also. Good news for me!

I saw some dreamcasts for 10 bucks at a pawn shop. I am planning on buying one again when I get paied.

The dreamcast did have some kick ass games

Why don’t you buy a few of them and make yerself a render-farm? :o