Can we prevent a post to appear in the top again, if edited?

Well that’s the question!

You can’t, but I can :wink: That is to say, moderators can reset bump dates- and I do so, liberally. For example, if someone posts something in finished projects and changes the punctuation of one sentence slightly exactly 24 hours later to boost visibility (which happens more often than you’d think), I will reset the bump date as soon as I encounter it.

Other than that… edits should be meaningful and timely. Making significant edits within a reasonable portion of time is fine. Making tiny changes long after the post is just a pain and adds a lot of work to the moderation plate.

If you find yourself wanting to edit something, here’s a very simple test- has it been longer than 24 hours? If so, do you have a significant reason to edit that post that you could not accomplish with another reply? If yes, you should go ahead and edit. If no, you should make a reply- or just reconsider the edit altogether, depending on the scale of the edit

1 Like

“if someone posts something in finished projects and changes the punctuation of one sentence slightly exactly 24 hours later to boost visibility”
Exactly that’s the attitude i want to avoid. Thanks for the reply.

1 Like