Candy foil

Hello. I’m looking for tips for modeling candy wrapped foil - i mean something like that - https://www.google.pl/search?q=candy+foil&sxsrf=ACYBGNSDxfFx4B-ousrvGj78ITiMNxXveA:1573142909857&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiIq8qCvtjlAhXttYsKHXBeAfYQ_AUIEigB&biw=1920&bih=888#imgrc=QOqX_3fECQyo3M:

Can someone help?

bump. its really important for me :smiley:

check this video

there are other threads in forum too !

happy bl

I have on mind the wrapped model, not material :stuck_out_tongue:

Depends on the sort of fidelity you need. If it’s a hero asset, then you probably want to use the cloth sim, or sculpt it. If not, then I just suggest lazy-modelling it the traditional way with just a few polys. Nobody will notice if it’s a few pixels on screen in a bowl somewhere.

it just a foil. Not hero asset or something, static foil mesh but with this wrapped shape

Candy%20wrapper
Good luck! :+1:

@Rhen thanks! really helpful, could You send mi this movie on priv? because this gif here is really low res

1 Like

Glad it helped! I’ll post a higher quality version here later today. The low quality is due to the fact that I was in a hurry trying to render it asap.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

1 Like

Ok, great. Thanks for Your help

1 Like

Aight so it took a while but here it is:

candy%20wrapper

I was pretty tired while making this so there are a few minor mistakes, but hey, at least I sent it on time!

3 Likes