Can't add an IPO to an object - bug?

Hi all,

(Using 2.49a) I’m trying to add a constraint IPO to an object. When I click on the little arrow button that lets you browse existing or add new, and then chose an existing or add a new, nothing happens. There is still no IPO data block in the window and if I click to add a point, I get an error telling me this. This is only the case for certain objects, and is not the case for object IPOs, which I can add as normal to these objects. The reason I think it might be a bug rather than something I don’t understand, is that when I chose the option to create a new IPO, a new data block is actually created - I can see it after that in the list of existing IPOs - but it still isn’t added to the object.

Can anyone help? Much appreciated if so!

Cheers,

Ben

In the IPO window, select a channel, then CTRL-Click in the window.

Thanks a lot, that worked! When I was control clicking before, I guess I hadn’t selected a channel - that’s when you get the message “no active data block”.

I guess there is just a minor bug then, that it sometimes doesn’t display the data block name where it should do, not until you have added a marker.

Cheers,

Ben

There’s definitely a minor bug here: now I’m trying to assign a pre-existing constraint IPO data block to an object, and it just doesn’t work - when you select the block from the popped up list, nothing happens.

My work around is to control click to create a new data block in the way Atom explained explained, and once a new data block is created with visible points on it, then you can reselect a different pre-existing block, and delete the new unecessary one.

Should this be reported and if so how?

Cheers!

Ben