Can't edit topic title of migrated treads

Hi,
Thank you for your hard work !

Look like we are not allowed to update tread title ?

Hmm, you should be able to do that. Do you see the pencil icon next to the title at the top of the page?

For this one i see the pencil, but not on archipack’s tread

Is that the only topic where this happens? It might be that it’s ‘closed’ as it’s over a year old.

Seem it’s the case of all my treads (havent recent ones), the issue is i can’t no more edit version in title.

Is this a real problem? I mean, if you haven’t edited the title for a year, why now? Just trying to determine if I need to invest my ‘weekend time’ for this :slight_smile:

I do edit title on every version update, last one was 1.3.7, and in old forum i changed it to 1.3.8 (with release date) as user asked for.
Alternative could be restart a new tread on every version update but i realy dont think it’s the way to go ?

Don’t get me wrong it’s far from being critical issue, i only try to edit as i were used to and discover this little regression.
Maybe wait and see if other users complains about this too. Perhaps add some words about this so users are warned.

I think I’ve found the culprit: the ‘post edit time limit’ ("The author can edit or delete their post for (n) minutes after posting.) is set to 86400 minutes. I’m not sure I want to change it - allowing people to change their messages after a LONG time can be dangerous too…

Will probably advertise about updates through news and let the tread as it. (a good time to start a new one without version in title as many items are now outdated)
It’s not about post but only tread title and ownership - don’t know how they realate each other.
I agree, you should not allow to edit old posts.

1 Like

Hi,
Outdated information can be more dangerous.
The first post can be used to display links to the current versions of add-ons, documentation, tutorials, etc. We need to be able to edit that info at any time.

1 Like

Not a good news, since the formatting migrated quite off, to me it basically means several years of work (slowly building and updating the documentation) down the drain. Exactly as @roaoao mentioned, for add-on threads is editing of old posts essential. But well, whatever.

For threads in the sketchbook forum especially, it’s an important function to be able to change the thumbnail image when updates occur (the thumbnail image on my thread was deleted even). As mentioned, large threads that talk about software and addons need the initial post editing as well.

If there are true concerns about people abusing it, then a system could be put in place where the user edits as usual and it gets sent to the moderators/admins (who would then decide if it goes through).

For our 3 month old thread in finished projects we are unable to update thumbnail of the first post. Recently we added a new post but the thread thumbnail remains uneditable. Request to fix this issue asap.

I’ll discuss this with @Fweeb, we’ll get back on this soon.

1 Like

Thank you for considering. I do not recall any major abuse issue during the Elysiun/CG Cookie eras (where people would change the first post in topics for the purpose of throwing people off or causing trouble).

If there comes a case where people are abusing it, I would think that would be where the moderation tools come into play.

This is now solved:

3 Likes

Thank you @bartv

1 Like