Can't Find a Way to Model The Handle of This Sword

Hello guys! I recently started learning Blender and decided to test what I have learned by attempting to recreate this sword as you can see in the picture.

The problem is I don’t know how to model the handle. I want to include those fine thread details but manually cutting and moving the verts individually would take too much time and effort. What do guys think is the best method to get around this problem?

I’m assuming you mean the string around the handle? I’d start with making a small piece of string (there’s abundant tutorials on making ropes on youtube), then make a short spiral (spring-shaped) piece out of a circle, use the array modifier to make it longer, apply and convert it to a curve, position it over the hilt of the sword, reshape it appropriately and then make the rope follow the curve with an array modifier.

Or you could use a similar method to wrap a string of relatively flat faces around the hilt, subdivide them and then use a displacement modifier with a tileable string texture? I think that’ll work too.

Thank you for your help! I’m currently trying this.