Can't find/fix/delete a bone!

I use blender 2.49b and I have a bit of an issue. I have a rig that I’ve been working on, but I just noticed one of the bones has gone missing. The right hand goes Hand.R --> Weapon.R That way, wherever the hand goes, the weapon point goes too. However, my Weapon.L is nowhere to be found. I thought maybe I accidentally hid it, but I don’t believe that is the case.

In the outliner it shows Hand.L --> Weapon.L It says it isn’t hidden, but I tried to unhide it anyway. I tried selecting it in the outliner and deleting it, but that didn’t work either. I was able to select other bones in the outliner and delete them, just not Weapon.L This could really cause a problem. Does anyone know what is wrong? I wasn’t sure if this should go in the basics/interface thing or not. I used the outliner, but the problem itself is a rogue bone! It is getting quite frustrating trying to figure out where it went and why I can’t delete it.

In the editing(F9) panel thing, when I select a bone it shows me the bone I have selected in the Armature Bones panel… thing… I mean the one with the buttons to click, like Deform and picking how many segments the bone is. It also allows me the option of adding a constraint to the bone with the panel right next to it. However, when I have Weapon.L selected, there are no options and under armature bones it says “Selected Bones”, the same thing it says when there is no bone selected. I made sure it wasn’t just the type of bone by checking Weapon.R, but all the same options came up as the other bones.

I tried making another bone and naming it Weapon.L but it added .001 at the end, meaning there is another bone called Weapon.L somewhere, I just can’t find it. Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated :slight_smile:

EDIT: I fixed it! Apparently I somehow moved the Weapon.L to another bone layer. I don’t know how/when I did it, but I saw the little display buttons for the bone layers and clicked around and found it. Woot!

You may have moved it to a different bone layer. Press each layer (in the Armature panel) in turn to see if it appears.