Can't get a new render

hey everyone! i’m running into an issue with rendering and was wondering if i can get some help. the issue is i was working on a scene and had animated the camera and rendered out a few seconds of frames, which worked just fine. now when i go to render anything it gives me one of the previously rendered frames and i can’t quite figure out how to get it to render anything new. if in the render tab i select a different frame or whatever it still shows the exact same previously rendered image. i know, i know i must have clicked/unclicked a box somewhere but i can’t figure out what or where it may be. any help is super appreciated, thanks people!

Don’t know if this is your problem or not, but I ran into a similar problem last night. I was rendering out an MP4, I changed some things and hit render again and nothing happened. I changed the name of the file in the save as box, and it worked again. I think it was just unable to overwrite that file and gave up.

But, I regularly run into weird things like that, and I don’t know if I made a mistake, or the software has a bug.