Can't Get Caliper Script to Show Up

As the title says, I can’t get the caliper script to show up in Blender. I’m using Blender 2.49 since I need to export .nif files. I’ve tried the caliper scripts versions 1.4 and 1.3. I’ve placed them in the same folder as the other scripts that do show up: ProgramFiles\Blender Foundation\Blender.blender\scripts. I also created a new folder: ProgramFiles\Blender Foundation\Blender\Scripts and placed a copy of the caliper script there.

If I select two objects, then scripts, I don’t see the caliper script or Wizards listed. I’ve successfully downloaded and installed several scripts before with no issues. I have no idea what I’m missing here. I did go over the forum posts on the caliper script, but found no special information in installing. Help would be appreciated.

I use the caliper script and it works.
I put it in ~/.blender/scripts (equivalent to ‘ProgramFiles\Blender Foundation\Blender.blender\scripts’ on Windows) and use Blender 2.49 (‘Blender 2.49 (sub 2) Build’) and it shows up in ‘scripts->wizards->blender caliper’. You do not need to select any objects first for it to show up.

Try running blender from a terminal (windows->run->cmd under Windows) to check for any debugging output.