Can't get image texture to work

Alrighty, I’ve taken enough of a whack at it myself to feel alright asking for help. I deleted parts of the model t hat aren’t applicable.

I’m attempting to set up ‘monitors’ for a mech, a kind of HUD. I modeled them and set some basic textures up on them, then went to assign an image texture to the monitors.

Well, I can’t get it to work. I’m at a loss. I’ve done a ton of different things, about everything I know (which is limited in the grand scheme of things), to try to get this image texture to render.

What I want to do is have it visible from behind the red panel.

While I’m asking, I plan on eventually animating this mech. The monitors are supposed to display targeting info for the weapons systems, is it possible to set it up so that they display from another camera in the scene?

Here’s a test render from out from behind the red screen, and the file.

The manage attachments button is timing out on me (blargh), so in order here’s the test render and the file:

If the monitors are UV mapped, then you need to change ‘Orco’ to ‘UV’ in the Map Input panel.

Now I’ve got a different issue with it. Argh.

Instead of mapping directly to the flat surface, which is a square, it’s splitting over a diagonal line. I’m going to try mucking around in the UV mapping stuff in the tutorial I use, but it seems like there has got to be an easier way. http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Blender_3D:_Noob_to_Pro/UV_Map_Basics

Got it to work, UV mapping is a PAIN on multiple square objects. I have a feeling that animating it could be very agonizing.