Can't get Python to work

I wasn’t sure if this post belonged here or in BG. But anyway, I installed Python but it doesn’t work. I want to be able to run scripts like BWF, makehuman, and Lsystem. For example, when I run Lsystem and hit calculate, a text bar pops up and says “Python script error, check console.” Some one said I needed specific version of Python that was compatible with blender. Is this true? If so, which one is it? I’m not sure which version I have now. Is there a certain way I need to install it to get it to work with blender? Or can I just install it like a normal app?

Thanks,

TraceR

If you’re using Blender 2.34 then Python 2.3.3 or 2.3.4.

If Blender is in C/Program Files/ then put Python there too. I have it like that and have never had to mess with paths. If you have any trouble then see the sticky above about how to set your Python Path.

It would be more helpful BTW if we could see what the error in the console was.

%<

Ok, well it turnes out that i do have 2.3.4 installed already. I reinstalled it in program files and it still doesn’t work. :-? One of the errors is was getting with BWF was “import noise”. If I delete it I can get in but when I hit the button to create the world it gives me the error message. Do I need to set a path?

Read the PDF doc that came with BWF. You need to go to CGKit at sourceforge and get (and use) it’s noise module. The link, the file and where to put it are in the PDF. (sounds a bit pedantic but it’s an answer I C&P from an earlier thread)

%<

I’m pretty sure that the latest version of BWF, version 0.1.0, doesn’t require CGkit. Were you trying to use 0.0.9?

Its a pretty old version i think, at least a year. Where can I find the new one?

ok, i got the new BWF 0.1.0. And it works. Now I’m going to try to get the latest version of Makehuman. Does anyone here happen to know what the newest version is? Also want Lsystem. :stuck_out_tongue:

http://www.blender3d.org/cms/Python_Scripts.3.0.html

have fun :wink:

How can I load some of the preset stuff into world forge?