Can't get rid of background image

I’m working on mixing blender meshes with video footage. I’m pretty new to this so I’m just doing simple things, 10 to 15 seconds long. I keep running into this situation where I put in a background image to use for modeling or rotoscoping but then I can’t get it to go away. Even if I go back and disable and/or remove it from the 3D view and the UV editor view, when I render things out all I get is the background image and no render of the object. I haven’t figured out what I’m doing to cause this, it seems to just start happening. Once it starts on a project I’ve never gotten it to go away. Luckily since I’m just doing small things its easy to start over. Does anyone have any idea what I’m doing incorrectly or how I can get rid of the background image? Is there more that I need to be doing other than removing it in the various views that I introduced it to?

Thanks.

That should be enough. Where are you adding the Bg image? Just in the 3d view? It sounds like you have it set as a Bg image in the render panel or in the nodes or you have it loaded into the sequence editor.