EDIT: Nevermind! I found another tutorial explained better and solved my problem
So, this is really giving me a headache…
I’ve tried many tutorials but the final texture never seems to tile correctly.
Here’s what I’m doing:
- Creating a cube or plane, 8m x 8m
- Subdividing it via Edge Subdivide 13-14 times.
- Apply rotation and scale
- Sculp mode in symmetry panel Lock X and Y, Enable X and Y tiling and 4.0 Offset for X and Y.
- Sculpt the borders of the plaen or cube.
- Bake it to a low poly cube that “encapsulates” the high poly sculpted one.
- Apply the texture I just generated to a plane and stretch it’s uv face to get the repetition only to see it has seams and doesn’t actually tile perfectly…
I don’t know what I’m doing wrong, most tutorials on this just enable x and y tiling and get perfect seamless normal map textures.
Can anyone shine some light on this?