Can't see background images in Blender 2.37a?

(nekootaku) #1

I’m having a problem using images in the background in Blender 2.37a. I converted the images from “.jpg” to “.tra.” But they they still don’t appear even though the name appears in the floating menu. I would appreciate any help that can be offered. Thanks.

(Duoas) #2

I’m not sure what your problem could be. I don’t know what a TRA is, but JPG works fine for me (as does PNG, BMP, TGA, GIF, etc.)…

Several things could affect the image display from the floating panel:

• Blend. If it is 1.0 the image will be invisible.
  • Size. If too small for your current zoom the image will be (nearly) invisible (since it’s too small).
  • Offsets. If too large, the image could be off the sides of the visible screen.

Also, it will only be visible after pressing one of the ortho view keys: [Shift-]NK1, [Shift-]NK3, or [Shift-]NK7.

Does this help?

(MrMuscly) #3

Make sure you are in either Top, Side or Front view (numpad 1, 3 and 7) then press numpad 5 to get to ortographic (sp?) view and it will show :wink:

Hopefully :slight_smile:

(nekootaku) #4

Thanks for your quick responses. I found out the problem was the edition of the program. I downloaded a zip file version of the program and tested it. It now works. I can use all image types now. Thanks.

(MrMuscly) #5

Ah well, glad it turned out alright in the end, happy blendering 'n such !