Can't Select Bones in Linked Armature

I’m working on a game with several characters. Now I’ve reached a point where I want some cutscenes, like a sword fight between the hero and the evil lord, or a villager girl being attacked by a crazed wolf.

So I somehow have to created animation actions in both characters’ .blend files that match each other. For that, I tried to use Blender’s “link” feature:

NpcVillagerGirl.blend <----.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . }---- WolfAttackingGirl.blend
EnemyWolf.blend <-------´

When I selected the geometry objects, the Armatures got imported, too, but I’m only able to pose one of the Armatures and not the other. This seems to be an area with little documentation, so can anyone tell me what I might be doing wrong or point me to some tutorial/piece of documentation?

I’ve created a sample .blend file that demonstrates my problem here:
http://www.nuclex.org/temporary/BlenderLinkedCharacters.7z

EDIT: Outch, this was meant to go under the Support\Animation and Rigging forum. If a mod sees this, please move. Sorry!

EDIT: Outch, this was meant to go under the Support\Animation and Rigging forum. If a mod sees this, please move. Sorry!
For future reference, if you accidently post in the wrong forum please report the post asking for it to be moved.

Attachments