Can't select bones in Pose Mode -- Character rigging

It happens occasionally that after working on some weight painting and returning to pose mode, I cannot select any bones anymore by clicking on them. The only way to select them is with circle select or similar selection tools, but no direct click-selection.

problem bones

Sorry if this has been adressed before, I couldn’t find a solution that worked for me.

Blend file is here: help1.blend (2.1 MB)

Thanks for your help!

I could not reproduce your results: for me, when switching from Weight Paint to Object to Pose mode, I was able to select the bones. I am using version 2.82.7; if you are using an earlier version, perhaps this is a bug that was fixed. If not, it may be an issue in the file you are using. Perhaps appending to a new file will solve the issue.

I tested the file with 2.82a and 2.83beta
in 2.82a I can’t select bones
in 2.83 I can

There is no need to make a bug report since it’s already fixed in the newer version.

btw I realised what is the problem here. In the viewport on the right selection works properly and the difference between those 2 viewports is that one one has Toggle X-Ray selected while other has not.
Most probably this option doesn’t work well with ‘In Front’

True, I must have had X-ray enabled without noticing, while at the same time having “In Front” activated. Disabling X-ray fixed it for me. And yes, I am currently using 2.82a.

Thanks for your help!