Can't select codec when render to AVI

How come codec selection button does nothing when I am trying to render into AVI Codec? I press it and nothing happens? I use 2.47 SVN build (Win32, mingw).
Thank you.

It may be compiled with certain options turned off. Does it work for you with 2.47 official?

Hmm… Just tested official and it works fine.
Here is my user-config.py:

WITH_BF_GAMEENGINE=‘true’
WITH_BF_BULLET = ‘true’
WITH_BF_ODE = ‘true’
WITH_BF_OPENEXR = ‘true’
WITH_BF_FTGL = ‘true’
WITH_BF_FMOD = ‘true’
WITH_BF_FFMPEG = ‘true’
WITH_BF_QUICKTIME = ‘false’
WITH_BF_OPENAL = ‘true’
WITH_BF_SDL = ‘true’
WITH_BF_VERSE = ‘true’
WITH_BF_ELBEEM = ‘true’
BF_PYTHON_VERSION = ‘2.5’
BF_DEBUG = ‘false’
WITH_BF_YAFRAY = ‘true’
WITH_BF_ICONV = ‘true’

CCFLAGS.extend( [’-mtune=prescott’, ‘-march=prescott’, ‘-msse3’, ‘-mmmx’, ‘-mfpmath=sse’, ‘-ftracer’, ‘-fomit-frame-pointer’])
CXXFLAGS.extend([’-mtune=prescott’, ‘-march=prescott’, ‘-msse3’, ‘-mmmx’, ‘-mfpmath=sse’, ‘-ftracer’, ‘-fomit-frame-pointer’])

REL_CFLAGS = [’-pipe’, ‘-O2’]
REL_CCFLAGS = [’-pipe’, ‘-O2’]

I have no clue why it wouldn’t work.

Been a while since I’ve compiled under Windows, but I do know that certain features with external links used to be simply off-limits for mingw users. Not sure if that is still the case, but it wouldn’t surprise me.

I have the same issue with my own mingw builds. You simply don’t get a chance to choose a codec. I work around it by selecting avi as the output type under ffmpeg and choosing the codec there.

I remember reading on some forum where someone said something like: “some things, like avi codecs don’t function when compiling with mingw without some extra work”, but I’ve never found anything that says what that “extra work” is.