Cap's '42 Harley

Captain America’s motorcycle from the 2011 movie “Captain America: The First Avenger” was based on the 1942 Harley-Davidson WLA used in World War 2. I modeled this bike following along to an excellent course by Darrin Lile on Udemy.

This has definitely been my most time consuming project to date, but it was a great deal of fun every step of the way. …not to mention a great learning experience.

Modeled in Blender 2.79. Rendered in Cycles. Minimal post-processing in Photoshop.

3 Likes

Like the bike but the 1942 WLA ,45 threw 80 ci was a flathead motor and I realize historical accuracy was not your goal , and replicating the real thing would be very difficult , just a little info from an old biker. below is a 1942 WLA U.S. Army issue in all its glory, but otherwise great job and well done.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=108dSRFQ3Tz5XSe90_n_k7OG4x7mgzLbO

1 Like

That’s a beautiful bike in the photo. …and yes, my model differs in several ways. The original looks much more bulky with more of the weight focused toward the front wheel. Maybe I’ll revisit the model at some point and go more for historical accuracy.

Very cool! Thanks for sharing the photo and for the comments!

1 Like

ya this modeling is tough I think it was easier to build bikes haha.