car game cover (nudity) NOW FINISHED!

I’ve never posted a 3d WIP so far, 'cause mostly I can’t show what I’m doing as clients make me sign non disclosure agreements…

This is not for real game, the following is for a self promotional piece to pitch to a client for future illustration work… ( a games company that has up-coming need for magazine covers.)

It is in the style of a magazine cover so the composition has large “negative spaces” to allow for lots of copy…

I do lots in 3d, “paint over” in the gimp to plan my next steps.

The mustang is my model, the bmw is stock, but the materials are mine and I’ve sculpted panel damage onto it and and will add more textured distress…

the light trails I’m modelling soon… I’m toying with adding a character into the mix… (see screenshot for wip on that)

the “painted” bits are mostly previs for me to work out what else needs to be modelled/rendered…

I’VE ALSO INCLUDED A VERSION WITH A TYPICAL LEVEL OF COPY…(EARLIER VERSION)

Attachments

pretty sweet!

Glad you liked it SCDelf!

Here’s an update, added more texture to compliment the dents in the top car, expts with rain…

Attachments

and a closeup…

Attachments

Pretty awesome so far, don’t really know what to say about it. You might want to change the title of this thread though to include that there’s a nude mesh. People cruise these forums at work and a NSFW tag keeps them from getting in trouble with the higher ups.

Thanks Midian!

I’d normally flag it with a nude content warning, but it never occured to me that this wireframe sceengrab would even classify as nude… It just looks like spiderman to me!

I’m playing with getting the car too look wet.
The following image is a “proof of concept”, but I need to make some new custom maps especially for the front of the car where the rivulets of water are pushing in rather than poking out!

Attachments

----Jaw drop----

Awesome, man! :wink: keep the good work!

This is now finished and in the other bit of the forum

…Ok, I abandoned the figure, will do that for blending life I guess
SEE IT Here