car game

Looks good, but some of the normals are messed up… Try going into edit mode of the car and hitting ctrl-n

thanks kotakotakota it really helps
:slight_smile:

Hi yebunchapsychos,

Sorry I didn’t reply sooner. Wasn’t trying to ignore you. Somehow, I overlooked your question.

Now a realistic realistic car game also implies realistic gears. Do you think you could implement such a gear system into one of the tutorials?
Adding a transmission is fairly easy. If you look at the Vehicle Setup tutorial (and/or download the example blend), you’ll notice a property on the Powertrain manual named Max_MPH (or Max_KPH).

That caps the speed of the your vehicle and that is what you’d use for the transmission. It already has the code written for the power curve.

0% max speed: 100% power.
25% max speed: 99% power.
50% max speed: 93% power.
75% max speed: 68% power.
90% max speed: 34% power.
100% max speed: 0% power.

For 1st gear, you’d use python to set the Max_MPH at 25 MPH (or whatever), 2nd at 50 MPH, etc, etc, etc.

For an automatic transmission, you’d use python to set a shift speed. Maybe at 20 MPH you’d have it shift to 2nd and set the Max_MPH from 25 to 50. For a manual, you use your keyboard to change gears.

As for writing a tutorial about it, it’s on my list.

Clark

I’ve been looking for a tut on vehicle motion for about a month! Good job! I also am going to check out the 1st person mouse tut.(That was something else I was trying to find out about!) It’s getting late- have to work tomorrow - keep up the good work!

That car is beautiful

thanks sos for the delay
computer went dodge, il post some more pics later.

I think my computer actually burned out! I checked the power supply in another computer, and it worked fine. So I don’t think it’s the power supply. The fan for the graphics card comes on, and the power supply fan comes on, but it’s like the computer is already starting, even though I hadn’t even touched the power button. At first the hard drive would light up(the LED), but not actually start running, then it quit doing even that. Any ideas? I’m thinking it was the board or the main chip that fried. I tried another hard drive, with no results, and I tried removing the graphics card, with no results. I mean it’s just dead - two fans running is all I get!
Oh. It’s an e-machines with a Hyp. Threaed dual core intel chip, 4Ghz, but never clocked above 3Ghz; running 1.5 Gb of RAM with an NVidia GT 7300, 256Mb graphics card. I was running Vista 32 bit(it’s a 64 bit machine, but came with XP 32 bit software, with an option to upgrade). I had just reinstalled the XP because I was getting tired of wrestling with Vista, and had installed a Bios update, and everying was going alright until one day it did’nt come on, and was acting like I daid earlier - I poked around, and even removed the processor, and put it back in, and when I tried it started! Then it did it again about a week ago, and nothing I try helps.

we just got it fixed and it turned out to be a virus that deleted half of windows but we got the power supply changed anyway.

Damn! How did you get a virus? Oh, I checked your site out - pretty cool. What kind of music was that, techno? (Nice Lambo)

it was a new virus that got into the system but there is still a prob with windows, so im working from another computer at the moment witch means i can’t do blender :(:(:frowning:

im going to sell some of my models on the3dstudio.com so i need the site to sell models.
thanks for your comments.

waaaaaaaaaaaahoooooooooo its back … well not really, we got a new computer with everything from the old computer to the new one.
the new one is sooooooo much faster and blender is really smooth ill post some pics soon:)

hi again i found this game http://glaby.free.fr./Jeux/GlabyRally-en.html and i really like the materials how did they do it becouse my car is too shiny.
here are some screen shots.

i made a rusty room to go with it next i need a good outdoor scene.

uh oh, i hope this is’nt one of those dead threads.

as well as the other Q i also whant a script to do damege

i found a way to do damage but it uses shape keys?

I guess that works, although the most common way to do it is by having sorts of “damage areas” in the sense of having the car made up of many separate objects. You can then animate the individual objects, so upon collision in that certain location, you will get damage in that specific area.

so is there a script

here is a big update

and pics