Car mechanics setup in upbge 2.5

Well , because there are files in it , then i guess you need to replace them with the files in the UPBGE file , idk … i’m not sure tho , so make a copy of UPBGE you have currently and replace the files you downloaded , might help bro ( please make a copy or have the rar file of UPBGE 0.2.5 so you don’t lose your files ) Hope i helped you !!

Any news on your YouTube channel ?

Oh thanks bro, I will definetly check out your idea and will inform you wether it works or not, thanks dude, and yes, I think you saw my latest youtube video, i.e of that car game, actually I am going to stop the development of the game for some time because the game started to lag on my pc, which is extremely low end and it cant handle that game, so after lockdown in India, i will buy a new gaming pc, and after that only I will continue the development, but thanks for asking​:grin::grin:. And yes, till then, I will be making a small 2d like 3d shooter game, and yes, tommrow I will release a small trailer of it, so stay tuned​:grin::grin:

1 Like

I’m patient , i really want to make an addon to allow users to add different setups , like fps , tps , vehicles and advanced particle systems if this is done then making a game basic with blender would take only couple of days :upside_down_face: , just think about it :thinking: you click an option you make a car , easy … but sadly i’m inexperienced in programming , and don’t know many programmers :pensive: , so this will still my dream till it’s come to life one day :face_with_monocle:

Wow bro, that idea is so much cool, but unfortunately, until we get some professional onto this stuff, its going to be a dream :sob:
But yeah, that would be cool😁

without coding it gets harder, someone else made a topic with a car mechanic without coding, tutorial included. My Car is bouncing and prone to crash Problem for him is i dont use upbge 0.3.0 xD

With coding well i can explain but you can’t code so i’m not gonna waste my time.

the files from github(source code) needs to be used to build/compile blender(.exe), how that actually works no clue, maybe @BluePrintRandom can elaborate on that.

Oh bro thanks, i will ask him for the compiling thing, thanks😁

Don’t ask him this week, their busy with BGMC, so if you could wait wait till end of weekend.

Yeah, same here😁

But do I need to do some minor settings or scrap The whole mecanic in order to make it work?

I do not know bro, mayhe we need to rewrite the whole script​:sob:. Can someone do it for us, please :pray::pray:

I answered him in his own topic.

Anyway, because you are to lazy to even use a search engine… Here you go:
https://upbge-docs.readthedocs.io/en/latest/manual/editors/properties/physics_vehicle.html

now to know how it works read it from top to bottom (bottom has a working blend) and read the page i supplied in my first post.

Thanks dude, and yes sorry for being lazy😅

1 Like

Hey bri can you please tell me how to create car sounds in UPBGE?

You can’t “create car sounds” in Blender (You can import & modify sound files tho)
You can however, play sounds in Blender & one of it’s game-engines (Vanilla or UPBGE)

Logic-Bricks way is to use the Sound Actuator.
Python way is to use the AUD module.

Bro i know that we cannot “create” car sounds in UPBGE, i just want to ask you that how to modify a car sound so that with our increasing speed of car, the volume of the sound increases, and when our speed decreases, the sound decreases, this is what I want to achive.

2 Likes

I would modify the volume pitch with python ( idk python but it’s possible ) OR use different sound files with high , medium and low speed , switching to different one by a property increases when you press a button , and decreases when you not . So , search for some or make one , OR download gt8 file by Atomic Skill and take a look at the sounds folder

1 Like

this is correct

1 Like

First of all, I’m not going to create a script for you even tho I can.
You’ll never learn Python if you don’t learn to create things on your own (I believe you can do it)
I will however share the needed code functions for getting the sound-volume & the car-speed.

You can get the speedof the object with -

import mathutils
mathutils.Vector(gameObject.getLinearVelocity()).magnitude

Then, for getting the sound volume use the Python + Actuator way.

import bge
bge.logic.getCurrentController().actuators["Sound Actuator"].volume

(or)

The Python + AUD module way -

import aud
aud.device().volume

most game engine attributes are already vectors. no need to recreate it.

1 Like

Bro you know, I cannot do it for the issues as follows
1: I live in INDIA, a country where we hardly get any time to use pc’s and the people gere think that this is a complete waste of time.
2:I am in std 10th, in India this year is extremely important, so I cannot learn to code in this year.
3: And lastly, I am only 14 yrs old! I am not able to do so much, I have did some programming outside blender in python, but i do not know about it in the game engine.

Therefore I am not able to learn to code

2 Likes