Car model integration advice

hey kettlefish,

the world is mapped to the center of a scene, so the best place for the moofecube and your model is near to the centerpoint.
to align the world you have to set the vector to »mapping« and the mapping to »generated«. (see img)
I use this to rotate my spheres, neyer tried to shift the location.

Thank you for your advice aesthet. That is indeed how I set up the world mapping as well.

Regarding the world origin. I must admit I had assumed it would be be located at the scene origin, but if you create two viewports, one from camera POV, and one from top. Set the camera to rendered view (obviously with an environment loaded), and drag the camera around in the top view, you’ll notice the scene elements moving, but not the environment which, is what led me to the belief it is mapped to the camera origin. I suppose it makes sense really, as thats where the camera was when taking the pictures.

If I’m wrong, then it must be being projected from an infinite distance, so that changes in position don’t make any difference. That also makes sense, but then why would the lighting look out of place,:spin:

Mmmh, to be honest I never looked that closely at the hdri-spheres. I’ve also assumed the sphere would match the scene’s origin.:confused:
I think, because of the unspecific size of the environmet, it’s not so important where the centerpoint really is…
I have built a little test-sphere in standard shape (back | left | front | right) to test it in blender.
so when you load that sphere without any changes, in camera-front-view you’ll see the backside of the sphere.:eek:
means, it has to be turned 180° around z-axis by default to get the correct reflections…
That might explain your wrong looking lightning…

I didn’t know that up to now…

But if you turn the camera around the centerpoint, (and so the object) it seems to match corretly :spin: