Carcassonne

And here it is, rendered under the sunlight:

I hope you like it :slight_smile:

Happy blending !

2 Likes

Back there with a new building…

It took time as i had hard time with the creation of a displacement map in blender.
see here: Baking The Perfect Displacement Map (Blender + Cycles)

Anyway,i had the very helpfull answers of @Secrop who made an HYPER HANDY plugin that should be bundled with blender 2.79.x as it appears to be the only way in these versions, to bake displacement maps with cycles !
Again, a big thank to @Secrop for his work, help and patience ( a lot is needed with me :stuck_out_tongue: )

So here’s the next architecture piece of the walls behind the castle:

It’s a little watchtower settled on the western wall of the main city castle.

Hope you like it :slight_smile:

Happy blending !

1 Like

Now it’s time to close the outer citywall loop with those 2 walls:

ground levels have been reajusted as they had a 40cm height error from around the whole city ( 3Km ) wich is not that bad :wink:

Here’s a view from inside unity3D:

Next part will be the castle modeling. A big amount of work is still to be done :wink:

Hope you like it !

Happy blending !

1 Like

Started with the midday courtyard… the southern wall of the main castle…
I think it shall be a nice piece of architecture; melting of wood and stone.
I can’t wait to show you the WIP in clay render :wink:

1 Like

here’s the latest view from behind the castle…

The castle will soon raise at the center of this pic !

Hope you like it !

Happy blending !

2 Likes

Hi all :slight_smile:

Next piece of architecture: The southern wall of the ‘midday courtyard’ .

Though it is only a thick wall it’s populated with niches and a small doorway from wich you can climb on the souhern inne citywall.

You can also, when you visit the castle, have a walk on top this wall, under the roofing.
Here it is:

Next part is the ‘pinte’ tower wich is the highest tower of the city.

Happy blending :slight_smile:

2 Likes

going on with building parts of the city:

Here’s the ‘Pinte’ tower.

It is the highest rectangular tower of the city that was used in the past as a watch-tower.

Unfortunately today, when you visit the city you cannot yet climb at the top to see the far lands. In my vistual reality, you cannot clim at the top either, but you will as soon as i know how the place and the access look like :wink:

Here is this amazing tower:

Hope you like it :smiley:

next part is the southern castle life-rooms :wink:

Happy blending !

1 Like

Please lemme show you one of mly how-to’s :slight_smile:

a picture taken in place, and reworked in gimp so that perspectives are corrected:

I just quickly set it in blender as a basic diffuse material, mapped the whole rectangle at the right place and then cut the wood-beam parts straight in blender :slight_smile:

This is a quite simple and straightforward way of doing things but it will allow a good result without burdening the 3D realtime engine…

Happy blending !

1 Like

Here’s the WIP of this building: the southern life buildings of the castle.

Till now only the outside walls and outer passages are done, and it’s only in clay render.

Here’s the ‘Honor court’ side:

and the ‘southern court’ side:

In the future, the visitor will be able to visit the inner rooms in realtime virtual reality :smiley:

Hope you like it !

Happy blending :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Great progress. I’m impressed by the scale and detail of your project. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Thanks a lot @Mark06GT !

It’s my pleasure you like it :slight_smile:
There’s still lot to do, and working alone on this takes time :wink:

I didn’t choose the scale as i wanted to model the whole Carcassonne medieval city. And for the detail it’s the constraint implied for allowing visitors to walk around freely in the city; beeing far from tower or getting close to a window.
The inner rooms that i’ll model in the future will be a big bunch of time to spend too :wink:

Happy blending !

1 Like

Here it is: the next building.

A little render with some sun in blender:

I’m not very happy with the render of the wood beams with bricks part of the building.
Of course i could add some thickness variation on this wall but this would need more verts ( and the current model is still big for RT rendering on a smartphone: 4224 triangles ). A displacement shader won’t be possible either. I’ll have to work on normalmaps for the unity3D render to be nicer…

Hope you like it and happy blending ! :slight_smile:

1 Like