Caricature of my father; 12/02/06 Jean Textures UPDATE, Pg. 3

Thanks :slight_smile: I taught myself to model through a lot of trial and error, a few tutorials, but most of all through studying other peoples work.

The new mesh looks great, much cleaner edge loops. My main crit now would be that the brows seem really flat par say. Try pull the brow verts out towards the camera to give them a bit more volume.

Just to prove I have been working on this project, here’s a render. The reason there is only half a mustache is that I haven’t applied the Mirror modifier yet, so the hairs only appear on one half of the face. The eyebrows are part of a separate mesh, so both of the eyebrows appear.

Attachments

Modeled the torso, next, the legs, feet and hands! :slight_smile:

Attachments

Heh, j’4w3s0me. :] Much cleaner than I could ever come up with. The hair really adds to it, too. Hey though. The skin’s a bit specular, but you prolly knew that. Keep going.

Thanks Blackboe! Yeah, the material is specular, it’s only temporary but it helps to find imperfections in the mesh while I’m working. Anyway, I’ll be painting a skin texture once I get the whole body modeled. Actually I did his teeth already, you just can’t see them. Here’s a render of just the teeth. :smiley:

Attachments

I hate doing teeth. Nice looking. Only thing is the two very front upper teeth could be a leeeetle rounded from wear.

1 Like

man i dont see how you ppl model like this lol. keep up the great work.

You’re right, the teeth are too perfect. Maybe I’ll tweak them a little.

I modeled the hands, definitely hard to do, but I am satisfied with how they look, this is not going to be a photorealistic piece by any means.

Nitrofreak: Thanks! If you look at my progress though, you’ll see that I’ve been working on this project for 3 months, so I’m taking my time with it, and reading lots of tutorials as I go!

Attachments

Working on some textures…

Attachments

Hi, I gave my dad a shirt, so he won’t be so cold. lol… I’m not decided on the color yet though…

Attachments

I like your stuff. Just calling in to say I’m still watching.

Actually, the shirt might be a little form-fitting across the chest, but it’s prolly just me. I like the guy. :]

Absolutely brilliant. For some reason I really love this guy! really, really awesome work.

Thanks guys! Blackboe, I thought about your comment about the shirt being tight, and so I modeled some wrinkles, to give the fabric a stretchy sort of feeling. I’m coming to realize that modeling clothing is a lot harder than you would think.

He still needs some pants though, lol. :smiley:

Attachments

Started on the jeans. I’ve still got some details to do, like the zipper, pockets, a belt, and also just some tweaks to the wrinkles, but this is all I’m gonna do tonight. It’ll have to wait til tommorrow. I think I got a lot done today though.

Attachments

I took a break, and started on modeling some sneakers. Here’s a render, no materials added yet.

Attachments

I am in a position to appreciate well-modeled shoes of any type, fantastic. Only thing is that the hemi-line stitch on the toe appears to ‘meld’ into the rest of the shoe. You can fix this with careful edge sharpening of associated corners.

Re: the model, I realise you’re no-where close to being done with the pants, but I think I should mention that the waist looks a bit pinched.

Still though, this is gonna look great when it’s done. :]

Thanks for your comments! I know that the shoes aren’t perfect, I might add some stitches, but seeing as how the feet don’t spend much time in front of the camera, I might not get super detailed with the sneakers. I’ll take a look at the waist also, thanks.

Anyway, I have added some textures to the shoes, so here’s a render.

Attachments

nice work looking very promising!

Very nice. Clean stuff. I see the style you’re going for, here.

Nice model, very stylized.
keep it up.
Drew