Cartoon Batman Eevee

Hi again guys,

A while ago I’ve made this model, but only now I had the chance to finish it.
It’s a cartoon Batman based on Daniel Araya concept art for a pixar style movie of JL.
Everything was done in Blender and some of the textures I used Substance Painter.
Rendered in Eevee on 2.81 Hope you guys like it.

HD https://cdna.artstation.com/…/014/l…/bruno-oliveira-001.jpg…

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/L2Q88K

Concept Art

Thumbnail

95 Likes

really nice work man !!!

1 Like

Didn’t expected the 2D batman to looks that good in 3D.

Good job dude :slight_smile:

1 Like

Excellent work!

1 Like

Thank you all.
I updated the topic with more pics.
Wish you all a happy Xmas!!!

I loved every single vertice. Excellent. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Fantastic work, love your interpretation of the design. I’m guessing it was an intentional decision, but I like the square-jaw version of your 3D work better than the original art (probably because it strikes closer to the Batman animated series I grew up with, haha).

1 Like

Amazing :clap: :clap:

1 Like

nice scupt man…its amazing. can i ask … do you have the anatomy knowledge? is it necessary to become a good sculptor?

1 Like

Hi.
Thank you.
I used only poly modeling for this one tho.
But, I think is very important to have an anatomy knowledge to became a good sculptor. All the basic stuff for creating humans and stylized characters are there.

Very cool, he looks detailed like a movie Batman, but stylized like the classic cartoon Batman. Nice work. :smiley:

1 Like

wow i thought you retopoligized the sculpt…This is now way cooler…amazing skills man

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation last Friday, sorry for the late update :slight_smile:

1 Like

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

1 Like

SICK SICK SICK!!< please let me rig and animate him!! i loooovee ittt

1 Like

very impressive work

1 Like

Awesome! Very batman animated series esque.

If I had to make one minor critique, it would be, his lower half is a little skinny compared to his upper half. Batman is supposed to be a tank. This one looks like he would be very agile, and while batman is known for his disappearing acts, he’s also known for being quite tanky, and (risking sounding like I don’t know what I’m talking about here) I would expect tanky things to have a lower center of mass… so that they don’t fall over as easily? In other words, beef them legs up. :slight_smile: It looks like batman spent all of his time working out his arm muscles, and none of it on his legs. You can see what I’m talking about if you look at his knees and ankles, where there’s hardly any meat or muscle.

To be fair, we have seen batman go through many shapes and sizes over the years (i.e. Ben Affleck being a bit on the weighty side), so I admit there’s definitely some wiggle room in batman’s design!

Still, awesome job. Definitely super high quality work here!

1 Like

Who will be the brave rigger and animator who can breath life into this masterpiece? :smiley:

1 Like

Love it, amazing work my friend!

1 Like

Blender really needs high quality rigs, if you can kindly share it to some rigger who would bless us with his/her skills that would be Epic, I want to Animate it so badly but I understand if the concept might be a private IP, great job nonetheless the pose is better grounded than the Concept.

1 Like