Cartoon Cat head

(humphrey) #1

Any ideas for this head?
I tried the realistic eye from blenderchar, but it really makes my character look googly eyed :-?

Click on current_head.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/muffrules/blender/

thanks

(S68) #2

Well, it looks lots more a monkey than a cat…

… and there are no eyes I can comment on.

Anyway, it is too low poly or not enought subsurfed.

Stefano

(humphrey) #3

I’ve added some eyes and I’m now using subsurb.
Any suggestions for materials and textures??
I should have it connected to the rest of the body soon…

(Riskbreaker) #4

Just a bit of a nit-pick over here…

It looks as if the eyes were just pushed in there. Im guessing you used sub-surf, so in the middle of the eye(s) pull the verts inward more and tighten the perimeter (verts around the eye mesh). That is, make the verts around the eye(s) sort of ‘hug’ the eye mesh. If you can, also push the eye mesh inward just a tad.
The lower mouth needs to be less wide than the upper mouth. Or it might just be your intentions to do as you did. If you want me to post an example of what i mean about the eyes, ask away :slight_smile: Please dont take the crits as a knock back, take it as constructive criticism :slight_smile:

Most importantly, it looks pretty good from here :slight_smile:

(humphrey) #5

If you want me to post an example of what i mean about the eyes, ask away

YES PLEASE… I need all the help I can get!

I’'m half connected the head to the body now, but for some reason blender doesn’t want to append the eyes into the file… dunno why?? Anyway…

Thanks

(Riskbreaker) #6

Now, this is a simple rabbit’s head i’m working on, but you can see what i mean about the verts around the eyes. Just play around with the blend to get the structure of things. (This file only shows eye sockets, eyelids are yet to be done).

Rabbit’s Head

(humphrey) #7

Now, this is a simple rabbit’s head i’m working on, but you can see what i mean about the verts around the eyes. Just play around with the blend to get the structure of things. (This file only shows eye sockets, eyelids are yet to be done).

Thanks a heap… I see what you mean now.

I think I’m going to have to remove most of my vertices, I’ve used way too many!!!

THanks…

HUmphrey