cartoon scene

I have to work on the little boy (artie) again, because he don’t wear a diaper :D.

I use the post-processing (in compositor) for color , hue modification or to add some little glow if it’s necessary.

So a new drawing for the next characters I have to create :

Thanks for reading.

the strucure of the house could be more funky
a little like the windows otherwise i like it a lot
nice colors and nice clouds
Bien joué mec
^^

I have to work again on the house (modelisation, add details, textures and shaders…), but for the moment, I would like to finish the characters ;).

Bien joué mec^^

Merci mec ;).

trad :
(well done, guy ^^
Thanks guy ;))

dude i love it! it’s great. has a definite claymation feel to it, a style i’ve wanted to get in to for a while. looks great!

thanks. it’s right, I have a claymation feeling, it’s perhap’s becasue I like Wallace and Groomit or because I have made some stopmotion animation when I was younger :).

So another (wip) character : the Zybouille

http://blendman.free.fr/images/cartoon/zybouille.jpg

It’s not finished at all :wink:

Thanks for reading

I really like your stryle, it is really cute and refreshing. How do you get that white backlight on the trees and on your little Zybouille there? I mean that light shimmer around the edges of the object. It looks like GLSL shaders from the Apricot demos, I would really like some indication on what that is exaxctly. A blender manual link or a tutorial? I am working on something at the moment that I think that effect would go really well with.

Keep up the style, it really looks awesome, keep blending!

i wish u could teach us how to do that and do this… :slight_smile:
very nice concept, unique and just awesomeness hihi.

btw, could you show us show the eyes were done? very impressive.

• The Zybouille is a really great character, great job…

great work, can’t wait to see more…

awesome work ! I am also keen on knowing how to get to this “claymation” look. Maybe you’ll find at least the time to give us a short overview of how you got there !

Kepp up the good work !

great work !
After my opinion, the iron fence is too straight

Hi

thank you for your comments :slight_smile:

I think you talk about the ramp shader for the character. It’s really simple, just add a ramp shader on your object and give a good back light in your scene.

There is another technique to do this with node : using the normal node to amplify the effect (a cool tutorial here).

for the next models, I wish I could make timelapse ;).

btw, could you show us show the eyes were done? very impressive.

the eye are just a texture paint. the specular could be “wardiso” or “toon” to make a good cartoon specular shader.

Thank you :yes:

There are one lamp (for diffuse), and another (for shadows), but I think it’s the mix AAO/shader which make the scene seems to be clay.

Yes, I hev to work again on all the shaders because, I don’t have work on that :eyebrowlift2:

So I have made some graphics 2D for other characters :

If someone wants to use some of this drawing to create a 3D model with it, you can use the drawing, but please don’t forget to put my name in the credits :wink:

Thank you for reading

Hi

I have worked on Artie, the 1rst character :

Thanks for reading :wink:

Hi

Here is a new character (not finished as you can see) :

The zorglut, which is a sort of alien

Thanks for reading :slight_smile:

i like the last dude…the lizard thing…its the bomb

hope this makes it to the Gallery…its really good

Awesome work.

I can just repeat what others said: awesome!

Keep on blendering and this will really rock.

it is simply… wellllll done!
great result.

Excellent work, your sketches are very well done as well. Your cartoons are the best i have ever seen, in blender, that is. Keep up the good work!

P.S. Artie could look cuter. He’s looking exceptional in the sketch, but not as cute in 3D.

thank you very much for all your comments :slight_smile:

I agree, I would like to work again on Artie and I hope to make it cutter (like in the sketch).

So I have made an other scene with Artie, and a sort of car (his car) :

I think, I 'm going to make a space ship with that car, and make the scene more cartoon.

Thank you for reading.