Cartoon Superhero - Very Early WIP

Hey gang, I got sick of painting textures for the last bit for my Swoop Bike and for my Jaguar, so I started this:

http://mysite.iptic.com/bgdm/hero.jpg

This is very, very early WIP and also, my first attempt at a somewhat realistic humanoid figure. I think I will try to keep it more cartoony though, than very realistic.

Any crits at this stage, I would appreciate hearing them.

BgDM

Hey I’ke I’ke I’ke Looks a little like Popeye… That could be cool. Corncob pipe, sailor hat, Tatooes… I don’t think he has ever been done in 3D…

Ronson2k

bgdm, as usual, i love your stuff =D
the face is looking awesome…the chest is very odd looking, but i cn see where your going with it and how tweaking will help =)
i look forward to seeing new updates to this!

Cool start, can’t wait to see the updates :slight_smile:

Stefano

Thanks for the replies guys!

Ronson - Hey man! I see your from London, ON. I’m just down the 401 in Cambridge! Welcome to the board. And oh, no this will not be Popeye. :wink:

imgranpaboy - Yeah, I gotta tweak the chest. Probably need to delete some verts and fix it up some. I just wanted to get it blocked and looking some what correct.

Now I gotta actually get some of my other stuff done, (i.e. my Jaguar, my Swoop Bike, my Bot, my …).

BgDM

Slight update for you all.

http://mysite.iptic.com/bgdm/hero_02.jpg

Split the mesh in half,(seems to make things easier for me anyway :stuck_out_tongue: ), hence the seam and missing mesh in the lower chest area. Tweaked the chest area and seems to look a little better. Also started to block in the shoulder section.

Crits appreciated.

BgDM

Yeah!

On your site,

please,

remove the sentence

Ok :wink: ?

Stefano

On your site,

please,

remove the sentence

BgDM’s home page wrote:

I am still fairly new to Blender and 3D creation, (animation/graphics, etc.), as you can probably tell by some of my pictures"

Ok ?

Stefano

LOL! OK, I am currently in the process of updating my site as well. So just hang on there. It has needed an update for quite a while now.

BgDM