Castle

final renders from project castle from the udemy course from Rob Tuytel and Erik who got me through it. Ive been busy since january 25 2021

24 Likes

Woah :open_mouth: , i especially like the wrily roof ridge. Most ruins have broken parts and a straight roof which is conflicting. This looks just like an abanded area.
This is targeting a slightly sub realistic look, or iā€™m wrong? Are the bricks highpoly or map/displacement or shader? Because the silhouette of the tower and the broken walls seems to be very straight, but one can see the silhouettes of the bricks too.

the bricks are textures with roughness and normal. The broken walls are done with displacement. THe bricks on the broken roof are hand modeled per piece and fitted in UV with a texture. Its meant to be realistic, but im going to have to work on that.

Decent effort Lisa! How was the course? I was interested in this course at some point though :slight_smile:

the course is great. Alot of repeating stuff which is great for someone like me that forgets quickly. Im going alone now and notice ive really learnt alot.

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

thank you im greatly hounoured

1 Like

Well done, impressing.