Cathide, Resurrected for 2.8x ! - 3D view Category hiding

Very cool!

2 Likes

Awesome! Let’s test it out!

1 Like

Unfortunately I get this error in Blender 2.83:

Error: Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Users*\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.83\scripts\addons\CatHide-2_8\operator\refresh_lists_operator.py", line 70, in execute
createPanelCategoriesProperties()
File "C:\Users*
\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.83\scripts\addons\CatHide-2_8\functions\panel_functions.py”, line 43, in createPanelCategoriesProperties
panels, categories, child_panels = getAllPanelFromSpaceRegion(“VIEW_3D”, “UI”)
File “C:\Users****\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.83\scripts\addons\CatHide-2_8\functions\panel_functions.py”, line 29, in getAllPanelFromSpaceRegion
if panel.bl_category not in category_list:
AttributeError: type object ‘BAKETOOL_PT_UV’ has no attribute ‘bl_category’

1 Like

Hi thanks for testing cathide ! Im still in vacation for a few days, i’ll take a better look into that as soon as i get home ! Meanwhile you can deactivate baketool addon if you want to test cathide more ! :slight_smile: (sorry for the Bad temporary solution…) Cheers !

1 Like

Baketool actually popped up after I deactivated the previous addon to give this error so I anticipate they will keep coming as I deactivate them. Your efforts are much appreciated! No rush!!

1 Like

I got the same error with a different add-on, so my uneducated guess would be that not every add-on has a bl_category set up. I’ve been editing a bunch of mine manually before seeing this was being worked on and there definitely is no standard as to where creators want to put their bl_category information, if they put it anywhere at all.

3 Likes

Thanks for trying Cathide, yes not every gui panel have a bl_category declared on startup, some have to declare it afterwards (when customizable for example) i believe. But in the end, all panels in the 3d viewport toolshelf have a bl_category i think.
So i have to error handle some of these cases, and try to get the bl_category along the way. I should have some time to take a better look next week. But if you want to try cathide and give some feedback, you can do it through a factory setup or a portable version of blender with no additional addons for example ! sorry for the inconvenience !
And for debugging purposes, which addon returned you this error ? Thanks ! cheers !

2 Likes

BatchOps

1 Like

We have just rolled a new version of BATCH OPS™ 0.72 . We had a couple of reports but still not entirely sure if these cases are connected.

1 Like

Hi guys, i just pushed a possible fix for these errors, i had to write this blindly, because i don’t have any of the addon which causes errors (batch ops and baketool) !

@Dheim and @giacometti777 could you try it with last version ? https://github.com/samytichadou/CatHide/tree/2_8

Thanks guys !

2 Likes

Thanks tonton! I tested it out this morning and I still get an error with BatchOps, unfortunately. This happens when I click the “refresh” button in CatHide.

1 Like

thanks for the quick reply, just pushed another fix for this specific error !

2 Likes

And thank you for the fast turn-around! I uninstalled, restarted Blender, and reinstalled the new version. I got a different error message this time but I also see that the CatHide panel is now populated by a bunch of the add-ons that I have installed so it feels like it’s made progress for sure.

1 Like

ok that’s a weird error… every registered panel should have a bl_label if i’m not mistaken… :thinking:
Anyway i just pushed another commit ! if you have other issues of these kinds, can you pm me to not overflow the thread ? :smiley:
cheers !

2 Likes

It appears to work without a hitch for me!

I am realizing I may have misinterpreted the addon’s useage somewhat, however. If want to create tabs then group entire addon tabs into those tabs is it possible aside from adding the subheaders for each addon manually? Im trying to finally truly clean up that N panel!

Thanks for your hard work!

1 Like

Works for me too. Blender 2.9. Great addon, thanks!

1 Like

Great news ! if i understand you correctly, you want to move all panels from addons to new category tabs you created is that right ? You can kind of do that with cathide, but there is for now no way of creating new tabs. It is planned though !

And you can’t really get all panels from an addon, i didn’t find a way to get them programmatically for now, so you’re stuck with panels by panels ! but i’ll add some kind of multi selection to move/hide a bunch of them quickly !

cheers !

2 Likes

You understand perfectly! Essentially it would be nice to be able to consolidate some simpler addons to a single tab. I know we can currently hide various tabs based on workspace but I tend to use one main workspace a lot of the time so this doesn’t work so well for me.

3 Likes

How to save the panels that have been moved?
Do I always have to move them or is there a way to save?

Hi thanks for your interest in this addon !
For this beta, i didn’t implement the save system yet, i wanted to see if people are still interested in this addon port to 2.8x, knowing blender has now its own way of dealing with extra panels (through the workspaces addon filters).
But if it seems people still want to use that i’ll implement missing functions !
For now you have to do the hiding/moving every time, sorry about that !
cheers !