Catmull-Clark after Armature Creation

Hi all! I’m a noob to Blender (and love it)… Anyway, I have a model, but turned off the Catmull-Clark modifier while I built the armature ( I wanted the cage vertices to be very clear while I built the skeleton ). Now that I’m done with the armature, I want to turn the Catmull-Clark back on again. The problem is, I go out to object mode, and select my model. I then click on edit mode where my modifiers panel would normally be. The problem is, it isn’t there. The only interfaces I see are for the armature, not the mesh. Any ideas?

Thank you!

<edit>PS: forgot to mention, I haven’t skinned the mesh to the armature yet… does that make a difference?

you are shure you left the pose/amature mode?

select object mode manually than you will see the mod. stack as well.

Then your Armature is still the Active Object. Ctrl-Tab to get into Object mode on the Armature then Select the Mesh. (You can do it while in Pose mode but I’m telling you the Safe-Mode routine).

%<

Wow!! Fast replies… I’m making sure that I’m in object mode in both the panels and the 3D window menu (at the bottom of the 3d window), but still nothing. I deselect all ‘A_KEY’ , and then box select just a section of the mesh (careful not to boxselect the bones), and the go into edit mode… Still I don’t get the modifiers panel. I get the constraints window, animsettings, and draw panel in one window, and link / materials, armature bones, and armature panel on the second. I am making sure to deselect EVERYTHING, but still cant seem to bring it up :frowning:

Ahhh… found it. Although I think it must have been a minor ‘glitch’. When in object mode, I right clicked on the mesh (vs box selecting it) and ‘moved’ it a little, and suddenly the mod stack popped up. Don’t know why it didn’t do when I box selected, because I tried to reproduce the error but couldn’t seem to… Thank you for your help though… Much appreciated :slight_smile:

There is a difference between Selected elements and Active elements. Box Select only selects, RMB and Shft-RMB select and the last selected will be the Active. So, if you RMB-Select a single bone/object/face/vert etc and then Box-Select the rest, the single one that you RMB-Selected will still be the Active one.

%<

Excellent… Thank you for the clarification.