Catrina’s Halloween (Izzy Burton's illustration)

Based on an Izzy Burton’s illustration

“Catrina’s mother was not going to have a witch under her roof so Catrina had taken up residence in the caravan in the back yard. It was a little rusty and if it rained particularly hard the water would squeeze it’s way in and drip down onto the old Lino floor, but it wasn’t all that bad. Catrina liked the independence. She learnt to cook for herself and borrowed hundreds of books from the library to teach herself all the necessary things that adults do. And she made friends too, with next doors cat and a few crows. A few weeks later the pumpkins started showing up, just a few at first but every time Catrina’s mother tried to cut them back more grew in their place. Catrina thought the pumpkins made the yard look warm and cosy, and she was glad they didn’t let her mother stop them from growing and thriving”

-Izzy Burton

Modelled in Blender
Painted in Affinity Photo

53 Likes

This is so beautiful! I would love to read a book in this 3D space… Maybe there is an app in Ipad for this?..

1 Like

Thank you Daniel :blush: I’ve never seen a digital book that includes 3d scene, but it was an idea that I had in mind, I would love to work on something like that

2 Likes

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

1 Like

Thank you so much Bart :blush: I’m really happy about it

1 Like

This is amazing!

1 Like

Thank you so much Greg :blush:

Great style. Love it.

1 Like

Thank you so much Christina :blush:

This looks fantastic.

But what did you actually do in Blender? Did you mapped Izzies Illustration into 3D space or did you paint everything yourself?

Nice idea anyway.

1 Like

Thank you :blush: I used blender for modelling and UVs, the textures are all made from scratch, use the original illustration as texture would be very convenient in a real production, but for me this and all the other similar scenes that I made are exercises to learn how to paint texture trying to stay as close as possible to the original concepts

Not bad!. So you did a great job. I recognized the difference on the second sight.

1 Like

Really nice, but some how perspective is messed up. First time i looked at it, i felt she had woke up and saw she shrank to the size of birds???

I thought i recognised the style and then noticed it was you :wink: Nice job again, thought it feels different this one …

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Thank you so much Bart :blush: have a great weekend too

1 Like

This look so good, love the style!!

1 Like

Thank you Lime :blush: