Centering an object ?

How do I center an object that became off center so that I can snap it evenly ?

there are three center buttons in the edit buttons

center: centers object data around object center
center cursor: leaves object data at current position, moves center to position of 3d cursor
center new: moves the center to the boundbox center of the object, leaves object data at current position

I don’t know how well these buttons would react to parent/child relationshops or rotations or scaling or any number of other things.

whichever one you choose, I suggest you save first [as the effects can’t be undone]

You mean the center of the object or the object itself ? If you mean the center of the object then read above… If you mean the object itself than use …

Ckey to position the 3d cursor in the center of the view… shift-c to position 3d cursor in the center of the grid… and when you have your object selected don’t forget that you have shift-s wich gives you a snap-menu…

md01

As nice as those tips may sound, I meant center as in a mesh that is center with that tiny purple sphere.

Got it, here’s what I did, in object mode press the N key, then put in 0 for all thee, enter edit mode, select all vertex and hit N key again and put in 0 for all three.

Well z3’s tips and mine do exactly that what you wanted … the only difference is that you put it into the properties box …

Got it, here’s what I did, in object mode press the N key, then put in 0 for all thee,

1: shift-c ; 3d cursor goes to center of grid
2: select object
3: shift-s ; snap selection to cursor …

enter edit mode, select all vertex and hit N key again and put in 0 for all three.

Just what z3 said … in the edit section … press the centre button to place all vertices around the original (purple) center…

md01

1: select object
2: Alt+G

ok, they all work fine, guess I just didn’t get it, but everything is fine unless you prefer to help me with a hardware matter.