Centre view on mouse pick

This script adds a new operator that you can bind to a hotkey, and it does the following:
When you press the hotkey assigned to it, it centres the 3D view on the mesh location that your mouse cursor is hovering over.

center_on_mouse.py

https://s7.postimg.org/p17afx5uj/center_on_mouse.gif

The operator that this script adds is view3d.center_on_mouse.
After installing the script like a 3rd party addon, you can go to User Preferences, Input tab and then add a hotkey that calls that operator.

If you add it to an input category like 3D View -> 3D View (Global) it can be used while sculpting. Maybe there’s already a script like this?

This feature exist already with Alt + F, I mean, no? LINK

bpy.ops.view3d.view_center_pick

bl_info = {
‘name’: ‘Quick Boolean’,
‘author’: ‘chromoly’,
‘version’: (1, 0),
‘blender’: (2, 77, 0),
‘location’: ‘’,
‘description’: ‘’,
‘warning’: ‘’,
‘wiki_url’: ‘’,
‘category’: ‘Mesh’,
}

Ah, that’s awesome! Thank you for pointing it out, I didn’t know of it.

By default ALT + F is assigned to “Faces -> Fill” in Edit mode, so if you want the built-in centre picking to work there as well you should either change the shortcut assigned to Fill or to that “bpy.ops.view3d.view_center_pick” function.
When you have a unique shortcut to that centre picking function then it works in all modes.

The built-in way is written in C++, so it should be faster and more accurate than any scripted way.

Yes, I agree, I must change the shortcut but I don’t use it often…
Chromoly is a very good japanese coder, I will tell him too.

Let’s try his several amazing add-ons…
Spirou4D

I was about to mention the same, alt f and shift b is the same but you select an area