Certain Level of 3D Modelling Skills?

So I’ve been modelling stuff for about half a year with Blender, and I would like to know if there’s a certain level of experience/ skill level before actually selling designs and models? I have a friend who asked me to make a few models for him so he could use it for his thesis and is willing to pay, but i’m not that confident cuz of my lack of experience and probably skill. So going back to the question “I would like to know if there’s a certain level of experience/ skill level before actually selling designs and models?”… well the dude liked the models, but it would be presented at a conference dunno if I should do it cuz i’m really insecure about the models.

No - there is no pre-requisite, if you’re ready you’re ready.

What there is though is professionalism. That means contracts. Some form of written document stating what is to be done and the reimbursement.
Time management sheets. Recording time to meet the estimate (cash) so you’re paid by the hour.
Changes – a big one – outline what is expected from changes. Extra costs. Time frame etc. Clients always ask for changes

Usually what’s done is 3 concepts (ideas) per project and they’ll select one. So just make sure whatever you present can work.
Since clients have a habit of picking the one that’s the worst.

All above is to clarify Legal disputes if there’s a court case.

Also give a CD of all files and a receipt to the person served.

Thanks for the tip, but a CD? would there be issues if I just sent them the files via email?
And they choose the worst one? well I guess if they like it, they like it.

Thanks again, very helpful tips.